Australian Naturopathic Summit 2018 Ticket Competition Terms and Conditions
- Instructions on how to enter and prize information forms part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this Competition is deemed as acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- The Promoter is the Australian Naturopathic Summit Pty Ltd (ABN 88 610 491 480) of 14 Morrison St, Mullumbimby, 2482 (Promoter).
- The Promoter may in its discretion refuse to award any Prize to any entrant who fails to comply with these Terms and Conditions.
- Entry is open to residents of Australia aged eighteen years or over only who are practising or studying naturopathy (Eligible Entrants). Employees of the Promoter and their immediate families, suppliers, associated companies and agencies are ineligible to enter. Persons under the age of 18 years are not able to enter. If a winner is discovered to be under 18, they will automatically be disqualified. An entrant of the Competition must be an individual and not a company or organisation. Eligibility will be confirmed before prizes are awarded.
- The Promotion commences on May 3, 2018 and will close at midnight on May 17, 2018 (Promotion Period). Any entry received after the expiry of the Promotion Period will be deemed invalid. No responsibility is accepted for late, lost, delayed or misdirected entries. The Promoter reserves the right to change the Promotion Period.
Entry into the Competition
- To enter, Eligible Entrants must, during the Promotion Period complete all of the following:
- Upload their image or video (video must be under 3 minutes) with accompanying text to the Australian Naturopathic Summit’s (The Promoter’s) Facebook page telling Your Naturopathic Story.
- Subscribe to the Australian Naturopathic Summit (The Promoter’s) newsletter. Those who are already subscribed are also eligible for entry by completing step i as above.
- Eligible Entrants are permitted two entries only.
- The time of entry will be deemed to be the time the entry is received by the Promoter.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and Eligible Entrants (including an entrant's identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
Judging of Entries
- Judging will be conducted by the Promoter.
- The entrant whose entry is judged by the Promoter to be the most original and creative will win the Prize. The Promoter may, in their absolute discretion, decline to award any or all Prizes, including where the Promoter determine that the entry is not of publication standard. Chance plays no part in determining the Prize winner. Decisions of the Promoter are final and will be binding on each person who enters the Competition and no correspondence will be entered into.
- There will be 1 prize. The maximum total prize value is AU$595, based on the recommended retail value at the time of printing. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of the prizes.
- The Prize is one three-day pass to the 2018 Australian Naturopathic Summit. It does not include a gala dinner ticket.
- The Promoter will not be responsible for any additional costs associated with use of the Prize. The Prize winner is responsible for all costs associated with using the Prize including (if applicable) travel and/or transfer costs, expenses with respect to food and beverages, travel and medical insurance costs and spending money.
- The Prize is date specific and must be redeemed between August 24, 2018 and August 26, 2018.
- The Prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use the prize as stated. Prizes are not exchangeable or redeemable for cash or other goods or services. A prize cannot be transferred to any other person, unless agreed to by the Promoter. It is a condition of accepting a prize that the winner accept the conditions of use of that prize.
- If the prize is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
Notification of the Winner
- A winner will be notified within a week of judging by commenting on their winning entry. Their name will be published on the Australian Naturopathic Summit’s Facebook page.
Entry Details and Privacy
- To be eligible for a Prize your entry must only include original material created by you or material which you have permission to use, which may be included in your entry.
- The name and entry of the winner may be used for promotional purposes by the Promoter, unless the winner otherwise notifies the Promoter at the time of accepting the prize. Entrants consent to the Promoter using personal information provided in connection with this promotion for the purposes of facilitating the conduct of the promotion and awarding any prizes and to conduct marketing activities. Without limiting the foregoing, entrants’ personal information provided in connection with this promotion will be handled in accordance with the Promoter’s Privacy Statement, a copy of which is available at https://www.australiannaturopathicsummit.com.au/privacy-policy/
By providing the photos/video to the Promoter, the winner:
- Grants the Promoter a non-exclusive, royalty-free, worldwide, revocable, sublicensable, perpetual licence to use, modify, delete from, add to, publicly display and reproduce, the photos or videos, including without limitation, in any online media formats and through any social media channels, pages or accounts including Australian Naturopathic Summit email newsletter. You are able to revoke this licence at any time by contacting the Australian Naturopathic Summit in writing at [email protected] and informing us that you no longer want us to use your photo or video.
Limitation of Liability and Variation of Terms
- If any act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these terms and conditions, the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligations. The Promoter reserves the right (subject to any applicable law) to cancel, terminate or modify or suspend this promotion.
- The Promoter, its related bodies and their respective officers, employees, contractors and agents will not be liable for any losses, damages, expenses, costs or personal injuries arising out of this promotion, the promotion of this promotion or the use of any prize, including but not limited to any breach of these terms and conditions, contract or tort (including negligence) and any other common law, equitable or statutory remedy (Damages) whatsoever, including but not limited to direct, indirect and consequential Damages, including Damages that cannot reasonably be considered to arise naturally and in the ordinary course of things, even if those Damages were in the contemplation of the Promotion Parties.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from accepting a prize. Independent financial advice should be sought.
Important Information and Conditions about Competitions on Facebook
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. Eligible Entrants understand and agree that they are providing their information to the Promoter and not to Facebook. By entering this competition, each Eligible Entrant releases Facebook from any action or claim arising out of the competition. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding this competition must be directed to the Promoter, not Facebook.
- At all times, Eligible Entrants agree to act in accordance with the Facebook Statement of Rights and Responsibilities, which can be viewed at www.facebook.com/terms.php, and other related policies.