Collecting personal information
We collect information from you when you register on our site, place an order, subscribe to a newsletter, respond to a survey, fill out a form, enter information on our site or surf our website.
We collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our site. This information is known as “Log Data”.
This Log Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our site that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages and other statistics.
In addition, we may use third party services such as Google Analytics that collect, monitor and analyze this.
When undertaking these activities, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, age, profession, qualifications or other details to help us improve and enhance our services to you.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you in the following ways:
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
- To quickly process your transactions.
- To follow up with you using appropriate correspondence (email or phone inquiries)
- Process orders and to send information and updates pertaining to orders.
- Market to our mailing list with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information as appropriate.
How do we protect your information?
ANS takes all reasonable steps to ensure the security of our system in the following ways:
- An external PCI compliant payment gateway handles all Credit Card transactions.
- All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
- We use regular Malware Scanning.
- Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential.
- In addition, all sensitive information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
We implement a variety of security measures when a user places an order, enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information. However, ANS will not be held responsible for events arising from unauthorised access of your personal information. You can also play an important role in keeping your personal information secure, by maintaining the confidentiality of any password and accounts used on the LawLive site.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Your rights and choices
Providing your personal information to ANS is completely optional, however provision of this information allows you to take full advantage of ANS’s services. You can access and change personal information held by ANS about you in the following ways:
- You can log in and access your account information at any time to keep it accurate and up to date.
- You can unsubscribe from ANS mail lists at any time following the instructions at the bottom of the email.
- If at any time you would like to update or remove any personal information held by ANS, you can email us at [email protected] and we will promptly honour your request.
Do we use ‘cookies’?
Cookies are files with a small amount of data, which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a web site and stored on your computer’s hard drive.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Since browser is a little different, look at your browser’s Help Menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
If you turn cookies off, some of the features that make your site experience more efficient may not function properly.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personally Identifiable Information unless we provide users with advance notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or serving our users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release information when it’s release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property or safety.
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be used or provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
It’s also important to note that we allow third-party behavioural tracking.
Should a data breach occur, we will notify you via email within 7 business days.
Last Edited on 17/09/2019